Coinbase is the world’s Biggest Bitcoin exchange, serving customers from more than 100 countries. The company is based in San Francisco and offers an exchange, a wallet and a developer API.
Coinbase has high liquidity and high buying limits, and with its simple and intuitive user interface it is easy to understand its popularity.
Coinbase offers Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin and Xrp.
Coinbase Payment Methods
Coinbase Payment Methods may change depending on your country of residence, but they are:
|Payment Method||Funds Available in||Currency|
|Bank Transfer||5-7 days**||USD|
|SEPA Transfer||1-3 days||EUR|
Open an account on Coinbase
This is the sites homepage. you can tap on the upper right side on Get started or click here.
Your account on Coinbase
After you login you will be redirected to the main page of your account, were you have a summary of your portfolio value.
You can see view a graph of the coins you are following, and can also edit this section.
You also have a summary of your recent activity.
You can click on view asset button and get the coins’ full profile page, including technical data, price correlation and top stories.
This is how the page looks like.
Your wallet on Coinbase
To get to your wallet go to Accounts, and you will see the wallet on the left of the screen. Notice that each coin has each own wallet.
Than you can choose the send or receive option.
The send button pops this form, just fill in the blanks and continue.
The receive button pops your wallet address that you can send or a QR code if the other person is near you.
How to buy digital currency on Coinbase?
As said above this is a very intuitive exchange.
If you are Using a Web Browser…
1. Go to the Buys page.
2. Select the type of digital currency you’d like to buy.
3. Enter the amount you’d like to buy denominated in either digital currency or your local currency.
4. Select the wallet you wish to have your funds deposited into.
5. Select your desired payment method.
6. Confirm the order is correct and click Buy.
If you are Using the iOS & Android Apps…
1. Tap the menu icon near the top left of the screen to open the Navbar.
2. Select Buy from the Navbar.
3. Select the type of digital currency you’d like to buy.
4. Enter the amount you’d like to buy denominated in either digital currency or your local currency.
5. Select the wallet you wish to have your funds deposited into.
6. Select your desired payment method.
7. After reviewing your order, tap Buy.
Remember that it’s not safe to leave large sums of money on any cryptocurrency exchange. That means you are leaving your money in someone else’s wallet. The best choice is a hardware wallet such as Trezor or Ledger. Click here to read our Guide to Bitcoin and Altcoins wallets 2019.